During the 10 year history of his business, Mike has achieved some amazing results for his clients in obtaining significant refunds. Some major examples are listed below.
- £250,000 refund for a housing/employment charity based in the North West.
- A large training provider whose HO in London, many national offices, benefitted to the tune of more than £500,000.
- An English Language School received repayment of VAT paid in error of £415,000
- A wealthy property client, had their VAT bill reduced by £275,000.
- A tour operator was repaid £350,000 by HMRC.
- Mike is still fighting to finally agree a £500,000 refund for an amusement arcade operator.
In total clients have been repaid over £5 million, as a result of Mike’s expert advice & opinion. This does not include onward savings for more cost effective application & treatment also secured.
CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO USE MIKE FOR VAT ADVICE?
“This school first used Mike Payne’s services when he was working for BDO Stoy Hayward, our accountants.
We later employed him as Grosvenor VAT Consultants to contest two areas of taxation, where he advised we should not be paying VAT. He won both cases for us and, in the process, saved us a substantial six-figure sum. He is currently contesting a third area. Mike has given very sound advice, consistently and professionally."
"We commissioned Mike Payne to advise us principally on the place of supply provisions and the related reverse charge implications but his remit has since been extended to cover general VAT advice across the London Group. We have found Mike to be professional, prompt and thorough in his dealings and have appreciated his practical, can do approach. Mike has a thorough knowledge of the current Vat legislation and knows our sector well allowing him to impart this knowledge in a succinct and relevant manner"
“Mike Payne has been advising us on VAT matters for at least a quarter of a century! During this period, most of the VAT landscape has shifted and Mike has been able to keep abreast of the changes and advise on every new challenge.
We have been encouraged by every firm of auditors we have had, to use their in-house consultants and we have resisted it because we never found them qualified to deal with the EFL industry as Mike. We do recommend Mike Payne without hesitation.”